<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey is the middle book in a trilogy. It's been ages since I read the first one and I had forgotten just about everything that happened in it. Carey is good about putting in reminders though, without making it feel too forced or making the character whiny for dwelling on past events. It took me a little bit to get into the story, but once I did I was caught, even staying up past my usual bedtime last night to finish. It's got a lot going on in it and the initial cast of characters and all the political intrigue can be a little overwhelming, but I didn't have too much of a problem keeping things straight. Still, I think it would've helped more if I had re-read the first book to have those events fresh in my mind. I'll definitely be getting the third book soon, so I won't have the same adjustment period.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?