<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 30, 2004

Next up was The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I repossesed this from my parent's house when I was visiting at Christmas. I love the Anne books and the Emily trilogy and have read them countless times, but I haven't read any of her others. I started reading this one and quickly got the feeling that I'd already read it. It wasn't familiar like when I read Mansfield Park (which I finally realized was so like An Old Fashioned Girl, a favorite I had read previously) but familiar like a book I know I'd read before. I can only imagine that my mom bought it for me years and years ago and I just haven't read it since. Anyway. I totally loved it, of course. I loved Valancy's courage to completely change her life and go after what would make her happy. I think this one will go in the permanent rotation.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?