<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 30, 2004

Then, Mind Hunter by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker. John Douglas is one of the first FBI "profilers", and helped establish the program as we know it today. This is part biography and part history of the department, with brief case summaries sprinkled throughout. It was good, but ultimately unsatisfying. He worked on hundreds of cases, but I wished for more details on the most interesting ones. Mostly he just explains his profile in each case and then comments on the accuracy when the killers were caught. That's great and all, but I was left thinking there was more left unsaid. Perhaps if it had been more biography or more of a case study... I don't know. It was pretty interesting and fairly gory though, so I did finish it, I just wasn't captivated.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?