<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 13, 2004

I came to You Are Not a Stranger Here by Adam Haslett by way of Bookslut and a jibe at JT Leroy. I ran downstairs and grabbed our copy but haven't gotten to it until now. All I have to say is... wow. These are amazing short stories. He writes about such heavy things: death, suicide, mental illness, homosexuality, grief, more death, more mental illness, with such grace and sympathy and beauty that I was moved to tears by nearly every single story. His protagonists are teenage boys, British men, American men, pre-teen boys, gay, straight, sane, unstable, with no false notes to any of them. This is truly a fantastic collection and I will be heading to the bookstore this weekend to add it to my shelves.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?