<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 23, 2004

Next was Seduced By Moonlight by Laurell K. Hamilton. I'm not proud to admit it, but there you go. Hamilton is a long-standing guilty pleasure of mine. I started reading her Anita Blake books in college and haven't been able to stop myself. By this point she's pretty much given up on plot and her books are now largely sex scenes with a page or two of politics (faerie in this case) to break up the unending series of couplings. So, why do I keep reading? I actually don't know. This one is no different - we've gone from Merry trying to solve a series of supernatural murders to two entire books about her trying to get pregnant. I just... don't know. They're very readable and I can usually polish off one in an afternoon. Maybe it's just habit. Or hoping that she'll manage some more plot this time around. Whatever it is, I'm still hooked. My only consolation is that Robin McKinley is also an Anita Blake fan, so at least I'm in good company.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?