<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 22, 2004

I bought The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger after reading the review at Bookslut and their interview with the author. They say it much better over there, but I'll add my love for the book to theirs. The sections are short, which meant I could read it easily during commercials, or pick it up and put it down many times without losing the plot. Surprisingly, for a book that jumps back and forth in time every other page, I was never lost or confused - subject headings provide precise dates and ages. And I loved fitting the different encounters into the timelines of the characters. Like the Bookslut reviewer, I cried several times for the central couple, once during one of the happiest moments in the book. I was rooting for Henry and Clare every step of the way; through the wedding, the miscarriages... everything. As a bonus, there is a strong current of music (classical, punk, etc.) that binds the characters together.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?