<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 05, 2004

I got hooked on Ian Rankin's Rebus mysteries on my last trip to the UK when I bought a bunch of the early entries in the series on sale. I've kept up with it primarily because I think Rebus is such an interesting and unusual character. The latest book is A Question of Blood and it primarily concerns a shooting at a school. Rebus is brought in to discover the motive because he and the killer both had an army background. Naturally the various subplots intertwine toward the end and half the fun of these books is figuring out how it's all going to hang together. The other half belongs to Rebus himself, who, even as he draws closer to retirement, stubbornly refuses to change. He remains a loner who drinks too much and who can't help alienating most everyone around him. And we love him for it.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?