<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 21, 2004

And another piece of fluff was Wedding Season by Darcy Cosper. This got a good review in Entertainment Weekly and I liked the premise (anti-marriage woman has to attend 17 weddings in 6 months) so I got it. I'm surprised by how long this one has stayed with me. It was funny and thoughtful, sure, but the ending has had me going back and forth in my mind all week. On the one hand, I applaud the character for standing up for her principles and I even understand where she's coming from (especially after hearing a newly married friend's recent tales of how being married has put her till-then happy relationship under a lot of stress - as if the fact of saying "I do" forever altered how they relate to each other) but another part of me wants to shake her and tell her to get over herself. That nothing is perfect and her ideals are going to let her down and how she's not being practical. I don't know. I may have to let this one stew for a while and read it again later on down the line to see if I can come to a clear decision.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?