<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I'm going to go backwards with these next three books because I have the most to say about the first one and I want to get the other two out of the way. Oh, and I'm postponing Byron: Life and Legend and Blue Blood because I'm not in the mood for either anymore but I still want to finish them eventually.

Okay, so Lolly Winston, author of Good Grief is coming to the library this Saturday for a reading and signing and since I had her book on my to-be-read list, I thought I should read it before she came. It is a quick read, but not light. For the first 100 pages or so, while the main character is consumed with grief over her husband's death from cancer, the tears were pretty close and I suspect if I'd been alone in my room I would have given in. Winston does a good job of keeping the character sympathetic, and manages to avoid making her pathetic or too self-pitying. I loved the descriptions of the cheesecakes and other baked goods the character invents and I wish she'd included a recipe or two.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?