<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I've fallen behind a little, so it's time to play catch up. Last weekend I read Guardians on the Horizon by Elizabeth Peters. Instead of the continuing storyline of the Emersons, she added an episode in their past - a return to the city where they found Nefret (pre-romance between Ramses and Nefret). It was definitely more plot driven than the previous installment in the series and it was quick moving and exciting. A couple of things felt off, but I'm not sure if I was projecting backward from where I know the characters end up or if it I just haven't read the previous books recently enough to know what fits. This was a side journey; it didn't add to the general timeline or character growth at all. For a side journey it was entertaining, but not essential.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?