<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

I put Crossing California by Adam Langer on my list because Daisy liked it so much. I've been pretty busy, so it's taken me a long time to read it. Usually I get impatient if I think it's taking me too long, but I didn't feel that way with this one because the characters were so entertaining and the ups and down of their lives too compelling to give up on it. I just had a discussion about wealth and snobbery with my mother yesterday, which made me think again about the divisions that can occur over just a couple of city blocks and about how this book outlines that so clearly. And from one restrictive religious upbringing to another - I appreciated the love and humor in that aspect of the book and recognized the similarities there.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?