<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Sunday I read The Narrows by Michael Connelly, which got rave reviews when it came out earlier this year. I agree that it's probably his best to date and it's certainly better than his last one I read. There's a little bit of amusing meta-commentary on the Clint Eastwood movie made from one of his previous novels - he incorporates his characters' reactions to the film, blending fiction and real life nicely. The mystery is nice and twisty, with a great showdown at the end. While Connelly isn't one of my favorite writers in the genre, this book is strong and jumps him up a spot or two in my list. Okay, maybe not that much, but it does ensure that I'll read his next one, hoping that he can continue to improve.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?