<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

So I made a deal with Daisy that she would read Galveston if I would read Ghost Girl by Torey Hayden. Well, I've kept my end of the deal. I started it yesterday during lunch and barely put it down until I'd finished it. Torey Hayden is a special education teacher who writes books about the students she's had. This one is about a girl who was being abused and had stopped speaking until Torey got there. I was going to try not to give anything away but then realized the LC subject headings already did that what with the primary subject listing being "Satanism - Psychological aspects - Case studies." Total spoiler there. Hah. Hayden isn't the best writer; her style is very straightforward (but not too dry) and not particularly artful, but the story is compelling enough that it doesn't need to be. I will definitely be checking out her other books.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?