<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's still way too hot in here and the book I started this morning on the bus began to annoy me before I'd even finished the first paragraph. It would've been a better morning if I hadn't already finished Everybody Into The Pool by Beth Lisick. Her very funny personal essays have made the last few sweltering office days a lot more bearable. Does it really take a week to fix the air conditioning? Anyway. I loved Lisick's stories of growing up in a normal family, out of step with the times, and her reflections on her rather abnormal adulthood and how the two interact and complement each other. There's an infectious happiness about her writing that made me smile when it wasn't making me laugh out loud.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?