<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 17, 2005

Last week I read Don't Get Too Comfortable by David Rakoff, his second book of humorous essays. This time he focuses mostly on our culture and its excesses. There are some politics mixed in (the essay on the Log Cabin Republicans is entitled "Beat Me, Daddy" Hah!), but for the most part it is luxury that is skewered. One small thing that irritated me and I can only assume was intentional for the sake of the essay because you'd think he'd have a fact checker or at least someone remotely familiar with pop culture, was his beginning one essay by saying Bugs Bunny was always trying to reach Miami Beach. No, in fact it was Pismo Beach. These are the things that bug me. I know it's silly but c'mon - that's just a stupid mistake.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?