<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Last night I read Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, which comes out in May. Claire told me about it initially and then miraculously found an advance copy for sale at a used bookstore. She let me borrow it and I eagerly devoured it last night. Cohn and Levithan alternate writing chapters from the perspectives of Norah and Nick, respectively, who are teenagers in New York City looking for a way out of heartbreak and possibly into something new with each other. The whole book takes place during one night as they go from club to club and wander around the city seeing punk bands and drag shows and running into friends and exes and random strangers. I loved it so much that I almost wanted to stay home and read it instead of going to the Britt Daniel show. And if you know how much I love Spoon, you'll realize just how much I enjoyed this book. How could I not when it contains eminently quotable phrases like "swing down boy-boy alley" or "honest to Godspeed You Black Emperor"? Both of which I'm incorporating into my vocabulary immediately. Anyway. I took it with me and read it between bands, finishing up the last 50 pages at midnight last night because I couldn't bear to go to bed without knowing how it would end. I'm so buying this when it comes out.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?