<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 22, 2006

I bought soooo many books this weekend. Seriously, I was in a crazy, berserker, book-buying frenzy. I don't even know where to put them all! If we have an earthquake during the night I am in serious danger of being buried alive under a ginormous pile of books. ANYWAY. I also read Between The Bridge And The River by TV's Craig Ferguson this weekend. Craig Ferguson is the funniest host of any of the late night network shows (and the only one I TiVo), and his slightly surreal humor carries over onto the printed page. I almost don't even know where to start in summarizing this book. It's basically about two childhood friends from Scotland and two half brothers from the South and the various connections that tie them together, with a good portion of the action taking place in the collective unconscious and in that space near death. Ferguson is a talented writer who never feels like he's trying too hard. It didn't quite all come together in the end, but it didn't bother me too much because I'd enjoyed the journey so much.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?