<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Over at Bookshelves of Doom So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld was mentioned as being similar to Feed, which of course meant I had to read it. It was reminiscent of Feed a little and I also caught echoes of Pattern Recognition, Bellwether, and even a bit of Jennifer Government. It's about Hunter, a Trendsetter and cool-hunter, and his new friend Jen, an Innovator, who are looking for Hunter's missing boss while uncovering a conspiracy to upset the way cultural trends evolve and trickle down to the mainstream consumers. It's a fun addition to the Down With Corporate Culture Conformity genre, even if it isn't quite as strong or original as some of the others I mentioned. I did enjoy it a lot though and I will be checking out some of Westerfeld's other books.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?