<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 16, 2006

I only read two books while I was visiting my family, which seems like a very low number. Anyway. The first was Company by Max Barry. I enjoyed his other books, so I was looking forward to this one. It didn't disappoint. It's about a company, of course, and a new kid, fresh out of college, who begins to ask questions about what the company actually does. What he discovers elevates the book from a funny, Microserfs-ish picture of corporate life to a bigger statement on the nature of large corporations and business models. I enjoyed it a lot. And I love that it was dedicated to Hewlett-Packard.

The next one I read was She Got Up Off The Couch And Other Heroic Acts From Mooreland, Indiana by Haven Kimmel. It's the sequel to (or continuing adventures of) A Girl Named Zippy, which I loved. I loved this one too. Kimmel has such a warm, funny writing style and I enjoyed these stories of her life, especially those that showed her growing awareness of the outside world and those about her mother's steadfast pursuit of a college education.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?