<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I think it was last Thursday that I read Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. I started it during lunch, continued as soon as I got home from work, read at the show while the sun was still up and the opening band went through their endless mediocre early '90s alt-rock motions for an inexplicably enthusiastic crowd, and had to finish it before going to bed. I don't know what it is about her books, but they're serious YA crack, with this one being particularly appealing what with its knight in somewhat dented armor being such a big music nerd. I mean, the Annabel playlist? How could you not just MELT at that? I didn't mind that the big secret was completely obvious and even thought the cameos from characters from her previous books were charming, not cutesy.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?