<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 04, 2006

I've mentioned in the past that I often use YA or Juv books as palate cleansers when I've finished a large or involved book from which I have to free myself. Such was the case with Swann's Way and I couldn't have wished for a more different book than A Bad Boy Can Be Good For A Girl by Tanya Lee Stone. It's a story told in free verse of three girls who all end up dating the same guy. The guy is a high school sports hero and all around manipulative jerk when it comes to girls. I wasn't all that enamored of the format, but the story was straightforward and interesting and I liked that the girls were supportive of each other after their experiences. I breezed through it in less than an hour and it was actually the perfect come down from the intricate and somewhat suffocating world of Marcel Proust.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?