<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Things have been so busy at work lately that I haven't had time to post about I'm With The Band by Pamela Des Barres, which I finished last week. It's an account of the author's time spent as a groupie in the 1960s and '70s, falling in love with rock stars and trying to make her own artistic impact on the world. At first I thought the excerpts from her diary would get annoying fast because of their extreme teenage exuberance (there's only so much of that I can take), but she tempered them with wry adult commentary, so they became sweet and endearing instead. I'm not going to attempt to list all the rock gods she knew or slept with, but it's a who's who roster of a great classic rock station - everyone from Captain Beefheart to Waylon Jennings by way of Mick Jagger and Jimmy Page. Hell, she even dated Woody Allen! I'm a big fan of the music from that era so it's no surprise that I loved the book. I understand she has a couple more books and I will definitely be checking them out.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?