<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Time for a catch up post before I get too behind. Last week I read So Hard To Say by Alex Sanchez which was cute and believable and felt very grounded in the Latin culture. It has alternating narrators - Xio, an eighth grade girl who is infatuated with the new boy in school, and the object of her affection, Frederick, who isn't quite sure what he wants. I'm sure you see where this is going.

Then on Saturday I read three Nancy Werlin YA mysteries: Locked Inside, The Killer's Cousin, and Black Mirror. Of the three The Killer's Cousin was the strongest. It's about a high school senior recently acquitted of the murder of his girlfriend, trying to finish school in a new town with his aunt and uncle and their seriously creepy preteen daughter. None of the three would land on my best books of the year list, but they were fairly enjoyable time wasters. I had a fourth one checked out, but by the time I got to it I was burnt out on her and I ditched it pretty quickly.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?