<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I've been sick the last few days which normally means I read up a storm, but between the cough syrup and the insane fever, I couldn't begin to focus on anything more challenging than the Digging For The Truth marathon on the History channel. And even that was pushing it as now I'm half convinced that the real Temple of Doom was built by the people of the lost city of Atlantis and is located in the fifth burial chamber of the Sphinx.

Anyway.

Once I emerged from my Robitussin haze I read Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell, which I predictably loved. In it she talks about visiting historical sites related to the assassinations of presidents Lincoln, Garfield, and McKinley and the circumstances surrounding them. I love how she ties things together and tells the interesting stories that tend to get left out of most history textbooks.

I also read Kiss My Tiara: How To Rule The World As A Smartmouth Goddess by Susan Jane Gilman, whose memoir I recently read and loved. This one was entertaining in a basic Intro To Women's Studies kinda way, but definitely not meant for anyone who has more than a passing knowledge of feminism.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?