<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Okay. So. I finished The Children's Hospital by Chris Adrian last night in a flurry of pages and tears. I just... I can't even... It wrecked me. I'm talking huge gulping sobs at the end. You know, I don't have enough distance to talk about it right now. Just thinking about parts of it still makes me emotional. I can't seem to get the last page out of my head and the implications of one line in particular are just too overwhelming for me to thing about for a while. Maybe soon I'll be able to tease out all the Biblical allusions and parallels and talk about how Adrian twists them into his vision and why, but I think that's best left to a one on one conversation because that could get awfully personal awfully fast.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?